1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information refers to information that is connected to your name and may include things such as your email address, mailing address, mobile number, demographic information, employment information, billing and payment preferences, and photograph. Personal information may also include your Social Security number to the extent needed to facilitate payroll services offered by Roster.
Roster collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive information from you when you create an Account, edit your Profile, submit or fulfill a Request, use or access Service or Content, or otherwise interact with us or other Users of the Platform. Roster has integrations with third parties, such as accounting or job site estimation tools, that may also provide personal information about you.
In addition to personal information that we may receive from you, Roster may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies. "Cookies" are small bits of information that the Platform places on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the Platform to make your visits to the Platform more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit the Platform. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of the Platform may be lost. Certain Services provided by Roster, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
- Web Server Logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you to a webpage. The web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the mobile device or computer you use to access the Platform, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Social Networking Sites. If you log into your Account through sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), you provide Roster with permission to access certain information about you from that social networking site, such as your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Roster’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with Requests, Content, and Services that match your interests. Roster may also use personal information about you for various purposes, including without limitation to:
To help diagnose problems with the Platform, to administer the Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of the Platform, and to determine aggregate information about our Users and usage patterns.
- To customize Content and Services that may be of interest to our Users.
- To facilitate transactions and process payments.
- To send Users information about Requests from other Users.
- To send Users materials, updates, and product information regarding the Platform.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform.
- To contact Users for information verification purposes.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Roster may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Roster). We do not share your information with third parties to directly market to you, but we may market to you on behalf of such third parties that would like to send you information about their products and services. For example, Roster may offer a promotion in conjunction with a co-sponsor that may have special offers or services that might be of interest to our Users. We may also extend to you special offers from the co-sponsor that may be of interest to you.
Roster may share your personal information with service providers that perform services for Roster, such as providing hosting services, marketing assistance, analyzing User data, and processing payment card information. There may also be instances when Roster may disclose your personal information without providing you with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of Roster, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to honor a request that you have made through the Platform; to protect the safety and security of other Users; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the law or legal process. In addition, if Roster sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Roster may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
The Platform may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. Additionally, by making personal information available on the Platform, you “opt in” to allow Roster to provide such personal information to a social networking site without your further consent. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
4. PUBLIC FORUM AND MESSAGING
Roster may offer public discussion forums and bulletin boards. Please note that information that you disclose in these public forums become public. Use caution in disclosing any personal information. The Platform may also allow you to exchange messages with other Users. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them.
6. ACCESS & CHOICE
Roster has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access, correct, or delete your personal information, or choose how your information is used:
- If you would like to know the types of information that Roster collects from Users of the Platform, please email or write Roster at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If you would like to know whether Roster has collected personal information about you please send us the activities and services that you participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, Roster will confirm whether Roster has collected such information about you and provide a list of your personal information that we have on file.
- If your personal information is incorrect, you may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to Roster's Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include: (a) all of the incorrect personal information that you wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) your signature authorizing such changes. Roster will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
- If you wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Roster, please contact us at the address listed below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your Account or to facilitate Requests you have made or accepted.
- Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time Roster does not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Roster Technologies, LLC
Attn: Roster Privacy Officer
831 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302
If Roster needs, or is required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of October 4, 2017